Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our Vacation Thus Far...

Well, our vacation definitely started off with a bang. I woke up an hour later than I needed to the day Avery and I were flying to MI. Thankfully, I still got it all together and we were out the door only 7 minutes later than I originally planned. Only to get down the road from our house and realize that I left the stroller in the Explorer. No problem, we would just turn around and go back and get it right? Easier said than done, I had closed the door to our house and didn't have any keys. Not to the house not to the Explorer. So we called our friend Zak who is a tow truck driver and thankfully he lives just 5 minutes from our house. So he came and broke into the Explorer so I could get the stroller. Then we were off to the airport now 30 minutes later than originally planned. I got to the airport an hour before my flight was supposed to leave so things were kinda stressful. We got to the airport and I can honestly say that I have never seen the check-in line that long in my life. Thankfully we quickly did curbside check and breezed through security because I had Avery we could go through the "family" line. Otherwise we would have been waiting in line for a long time there too. We made it to our gate just as they were boarding first class passengers. Perfect timing right? At least, as stressful as it was we didn't have to wait in the airport for several hours before our plane took off.

Avery did really well on the plane with only one 5 minute meltdown because she had to wait for the beverage cart to bring her some juice. She had a couple restless moments, but not bad at all. When we took off she said, "Weeeee". She loved it! And when we were descending she pressed her nose up against the glass and loved looking at all the fluffy clouds, she kept saying, "Wow and coooool." Then she was falling asleep with her nose still pressed up against the window. I pulled her away from the window and she dozed on me for the rest of the flight and when we landed. When we landed and everybody was up getting their stuff, she stood up on the seat and waived to everyone and said, "bye, bye!". Everyone though that was hilarious. I just have to say thank God for Benadryl!

So far it's been a great trip. We miss daddy because he had to fly back on Monday, but he'll be back out in 3 weeks. Today we went to the fair. She had a blast petting all the animals and was even kind enough to share her goldfish with them. She also went on her first carousel. She loved that too, she kept saying "weee!". Tomorrow is play day at Chad and Amber's and then Thursday we're spending the afternoon with a friend in Grand Rapids. So far our vacation is going well! Sorry this is so long!




No comments: